Monday 28 July 2008

ALBUM SHAPER – ARCHIEVE YOUR JOURNEY

I love traveling, and of course I love photographic too. Event I have go to somewhere awesome, going for some reason job or only for refreshing, I like to documentation my visited place, such as Jogjakarta, Bandar Lampung, Bali, Central Borneo, Bandung, Semarang, etc..

After I get home and transfer my journey photo in my laptop, I just put it in one folder every session journey. Rather that, I rarely to open it again or fix all my photos. How to fix my photo, I think is very waste some time in use GIMP, because as you know, to open GIMP need more memory. After that I have search an application in ADD/REMOVE APPLICATION, then I found Album Shaper application.

I try to use this software to manage every journey documentation. First to use this application, you must install it from accessories list in ADD/REMOVE APPLICATION, just search in keyword “Album Shaper”, than you can use it.


You must initial your album from album name, description, author, collection name, and its description. You can put a photo as cover album. Then search your folder where you put your photos so the software will get them.

If you have not familiar with this application, you can go to help menu, there will be a simple tutorial to use this application.


As I said before, you can fix your photos with this application. Choose “edit” tab in above your photos list. You can change the photo with some feature that use full. Those feature are :


  • Rotating & Flipping
  • Batch Effect
  • Tilt Correction
  • Cropping
  • Enhancing your photo
  • Color Correction
  • Contrast Correction
  • Red Eye Removal
  • Histogram Editing, Brightness and Contrast
  • Grain Enhancement
  • Stylize your photo as emboss it, etc.

After finish your editing, you can save your album. There are some template to use your album. Just choose that you like, then it will make some file and folder to put your album.


There are still some feature to make your album can publish in internet that call export as web gallery, or you just let the file so it can opened in internet browser

Post a Comment