Friday 10 October 2008

Ubuntu NETBOOK Remix in the Acer Aspire One install

Some time ago I had a very Acer Aspire One purchased. Now I'm times to finally reach the NETBOOK Remix Ubuntu install (formerly Linpus Linux on it).

After several attempts, Ubuntu Hardy Heron in an external USB CD-ROM, I have to install (after the announcement by Sebastian), with the installation Netboot tries to PXE. The ubuntuusers.de there is a good How. On the contrary it DHCP server, I used udhcpd (I have on the server to Gentoo). In the settings you must write:



siaddr 192.168.0.150
Neptune SName
BOOT_FILE / pxelinux.0

The siaddr is the address of the TFTP server. When booting over the network (F12 express at boot time!) Gets the Aspire One NETBOOK then the installation files only from a TFTP server, and then from the Internet. The issue Prima!

In order after the successful installation of Ubuntu NETBOOK remix to install, you can also follow the instructions on ubuntuusers.de. Sound and wireless work with me more now I'm not yet. I am rich in fact, most of a terminal and Firefox


Post a Comment