Monday 23 March 2009

UNETBOOTIN - best installation ubuntu in flashdisk / harddisk


Some days ago I have trouble in one PC which old and never use again. Actually, this PC have many feature in there when its time, but now this PC have a significant troubleshooting. I don't know maybe because some file system corrupt, so I could not booting Windows XP from this PC. The other problem is CD Player in this PC was damaged. So no option for installing new fresh Windows. I think I will make it for Ubuntu 8.10. When searching from live CD, I see an application "Make USB Startupdisk" an try it with my flash disk. Before that I try to install it in my Hard Disk External, but I don't know why, it can not read my HD. So I install it in my flashdisk. Than i try in my PC, but it seem not workin, there an error "Missing System Operation", so I try with another flash disk (coz i think maybe there some corrupt file).
But here i know something in internet, there are many bug in this application, so I try another alternatif. In ubuntu document explain another application called UNetbootin. I try to install it, and ta da.. it recognize my HD, and when I try to install in the trouble PC, it can startup and easily booting. So i can install my ubuntu. Oh there another feature in this application, you can install with an iso from another linux distribution, or you can also use option download directly from distro server.
So if you want to install your ubuntu (or other distro) in your hard disk or flash disk, I suggest you need UNetbootin to used. You can download it from this URL http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

3 comments:

Clara Croft said...

U have the new one, why did u try so hard with that old computer? Ck ck.. but 'unetbootin' seems like a good solution for such problems, good work Dede.. hehe..

Animaster said...

Nice post. It will be a great help to those who have problems with Ubuntu's Make USB Startup Disk.

Free Backlink Directory said...

Nice inpo, sangat bermanfaat..
mungkin kita bisa bertuker informasi atau backlink.. :D

Post a Comment