Tuesday 28 April 2009

Upgrade Ubuntu Offline

When i use ubuntu in my office. I have some problem with my establish connection. Sometime the Internet connection down, so i must restart again when download something from Internet. This case was happen when i want to upgrade my ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04. To solve this problem i googling how to upgrade ubuntu without connection. So i find the solution. This is step to upgrade ubuntu offline via ISO than you can do with any version of ubuntu.

  1. First you must have an alternate ISO file of ubuntu any version. Alternate Iso is different with Desktop ISO. I want to upgrade to ubuntu 9.04, so i must have Ubuntu Alternate 9.04 IDO file. You can dowload it here.
  2. Then you must mount it in cdrom with this command :
  3. sudo mount -o loop ~/Desktop/ubuntu-9.04-alternate-i386.iso /media/cdrom0
  4. After that you run this command as root
  5. gksu "sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade"
  6. Then it will show upgrade window and you can go configure it easily.


What is very different in Jaunty?? I think, it many change in look feel in it interface. It more attractive and nice color.

1 comments:

Vincellin said...

i tried upgrading from ubuntu 10.04 to ubuntu 10.10, i get a error message low space but my filesystem(/) still has 5GB free. Please help

Post a Comment